Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Man VS Food

Can I have a number 1 and make it a large with a coke....Sound familiar? I think I knew all the menus to every fast food restaurant. I ate terribly and thats putting it mildly! As a foodie this part of my journey was and still is although its gotten much easier the toughest for me. Diet diet diet yuck yuck yuck was all I thought. A world full of no and the ultimate breakup with my love soda :(.
I decided that food was no loger going to control me so this was going to be mastered this was going to get done time to put my big girl pants on and take control. So I started small. Soda once a week instead of every day, no picking up cookies cakes and chips on my way home to have for dessert or snacks after dinner. Ok I got this, time to step it up even more so instead of my regular bacon egg and cheese on a roll or mcmuffin breakfast I decided to tweak it I noticed that mcdonalds offered eggwhites so I switched to that. Now fast food is fast food and not good it just isnt, but these are baby steps I took to get to the place I am today. So I started following alot of clean eating instagramers and I realized screw Mc Ds I dont need that I dont need to eat there everyday.  Im making my own breakfast! With every small change I made I noticed I was getting results! Change is always easier when you see results. Motivation led me to read more about healthy options healthy alternatives the more I read the easier it was for me to leave junk a lone, to ask for a small coffee with 3 sugars instead of a large with 10 still cant believe I would have that many!!!!! You dont have to cut out everything over night if you take it one step at a time it will get easier everyday!  I dont believe in you cant have ever I believe in me deciding when, me not HAVING to have it, ME having CONTROL. Once you have that control you can enjoy, not overindulge and youll find yourself deciding you know what I could but I dont even feel the need to. Dont get me wrong im still a cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake kinda girl I just dont do it all the time I make it the exception instead of the rule. We live in a world of extra large,venti, go big...whats wrong with giving small a try start somewhere! Cutting down can start you on the right track then eventually due to cutting down somethings youll just decide to cut out :) below are few things that helped me and I hope they help you!
*drink water atleast 1 to 2 liters a day
*add veggie and fruits to your meals
*try cutting out box foods ie mac n cheese,stove top
*replace your normal cooking butter or oil with coconut or olive oil or even better cooking spray
*replace white bread with 100% whole wheat
*read read read!!! know your serving sizes
Stay healthy loves :)

5 comments:

  1. Every change starts with the first step! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I completely agree with you. I found that changing your palette takes awhile but is completely possible. I have gone from being someone who never had a vegetable on their plate to eating more vegetables than rice or meat. It's crazy. Day by day. Slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete